Economic Development Task Force
The City Commission established the Wilton Manors Economic Development Task Force to aid in creation of a marketing strategy for the City, identify parcels or tracts of land for future development and recommend programs, incentives and ordinances to encourage economic development.
The Task Force members represent the following categories:
- One (1) Business Owner representing retail and/or general business.
- One (1) Business Owner representing entertainment and/or restaurant business.
- One (1) Commercial Property Owner with ownership of commercial property in the City of Wilton Manors.
- Six (6) residents of the City with expertise in Real Estate, Development and/or Marketing.
The goals and objectives for economic development growth in the City as established by the Task Force are as follows:
- Encourage daytime and pedestrian traffic
- Hotel development / lodging
- Public / Private Partnership on City Hall site
- Parking solution
- Create an economic base
- Attract other developers and industries
- LGBT vacation destination
- Keep residential stable and affordable
- Existing business retention
- Keep central core accessible to all
- LGBT Senior and/or affordable housing
- Look at Economic Viability of all corridors
- Citywide Banner Program
- Creation of a “Photo Spot”
- Creation of a Wayfinding Sign Program