Ultra-Low Flow Toilet Replacement Rebate Program
Rebate Eligibility and Rules
To help residents reduce water use, the City of Wilton Manors offers this water conservation program aimed at encouraging property owners to replace their high water use toilets with new ultra-low flow toilets. Replacement toilets must be models approved by the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) WaterSense® Program which assures that toilets meet stringent performance standards.
The City of Wilton Manors Emergency Management/Utilities Department is now offering rebates on ultra-low flow (1.28 gallons/flush or lower) WaterSense® certified and labeled toilets. Rules of this program are:
- Applicant must be a property owner and resident of the City of Wilton Manors.
- Applicant must complete the Ultra-Low Flow Toilet Replacement Rebate application.
- Applicant must provide a copy of their current valid Florida Driver’s License.
- The application must be approved prior to the purchase of a qualifying toilet. Toilets purchased before your application gets approved will not be eligible for a rebate. Please note that we may verify the purchase date of your toilet when we review your receipt.
- Rebates are not retroactive and are not available for new construction.
- Applicants may be eligible to receive $50 towards the purchase price of each WaterSense® certified ultra-low flow toilet, to a maximum of two (2) per property for the duration of the program.
- The homeowner will bear responsibility for installation of the fixture(s).
- Applicants who receive approval must submit a copy of the paid invoice/receipt, the WaterSense® label from the toilet packaging, and a photo of the installed toilet at your residence within 45 days of receiving the City’s approval for the rebate(s). If this deadline is not met, the rebate(s) will be released back into the program.
Please allow 3-4 weeks for your rebate to arrive.
Answers to Some Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. What are WaterSense® labeled toilets?
A. Recent advancements have allowed toilets to use 20% less water than the current federal standard, while still providing equal or superior performance. The Water Sense label is used on toilets that are independently certified to meet rigorous criteria for both performance and efficiency. Only toilets that complete the third-party certification process can earn the EPA’s WaterSense® label. A list of eligible toilet models can be found at:
Q. What about performance?
A. Unlike some first-generation “low-flow” toilets, WaterSense® labeled toilets combine high efficiency with high performance. Design advances enable WaterSense® labeled toilets to save water with no trade-off in flushing power. In fact, many perform better than standard toilets in consumer testing.
Q. What about the price of WaterSense® labeled toilets?
A. WaterSense® labeled toilets are available at a wide variety of price points and a board range of styles.
Q. How much can WaterSense® labeled toilets save?
A. Over the course of your lifetime, you will likely flush the toilet nearly 140,000 times. If you replace older, existing toilets with WaterSense® labeled toilets, the average family of 4 could save about 13,000 gallons per year with this simpler, greener choice. This could convert into utility bill savings of about $125 per year, or about $2,700 over the lifetime of the toilet!
The City of Wilton Manors does not guarantee that the installation, operation and maintenance of water-efficient equipment will result in reduced water usage or in cost savings. The City makes no warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to any equipment purchased or installed including, but not limited to, any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall the City be held liable for any incidental or consequential damages or injuries resulting from defective equipment or installation.
Mail your completed application to:
Toilet Rebate Program
City of Wilton Manors
2020 Wilton Drive
Wilton Manors, FL 33305
or scan and e-mail the completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please contact:
David J. Archacki, Director
Phone: (954) 390-2190, or