Andrews/Oakland Land Use Plan Amendment
Andrews Avenue / Oakland Park Boulevard Corridor Land Use Plan Amendment
On August 23, 2016, the City Commission approved Resolution No. 2016-070 which authorized a Professional Consultant Services Agreement with The Mellgren Planning Group, Inc. for the Andrews Avenue / Oakland Park Boulevard Corridor Land Use Plan Amendment.
As part of this Professional Consultant Services Agreement with The Mellgren Planning Group Inc. the following is included as part of the scope of services:
Land Use Plan Amendments to Transit Oriented Corridor
The Consultant shall prepare, submit and process a Land Use Plan Map Amendment to Transit Oriented Corridor for the Andrews Avenue / Oakland Park Corridors to the City of Wilton Manors Comprehensive Plan to reflect recent changes to the Broward County Comprehensive Plan and process the appropriate amendments in accordance with Florida Statute 163.
- Review necessary documents, including traffic studies, and prepare Future Land Use Map amendment(s).
- Consultant shall prepare a Sketch and Description describing the Transit Oriented Corridor boundaries. The Sketch and Description will depict the exterior TOC Corridor boundary lines only, no interior plats or right-of-ways will be depicted. It is anticipated the Sketch and Description can be completed without fieldwork. The Sketch and Description will be prepared in accordance with the Standards of Practice as set forth in Rule 5J-17 of the Florida Administrative Code.
- Attend and make presentations at all hearings to transmit the map amendment including the Planning and Zoning Board, City Commission, Broward County Planning Council, South Florida Regional Planning Council and Broward County Board of County Commissioners.
- Transmit the required documents for review pursuant to Chapter 163 of Florida State Statutes to appropriate state departments.
- Attend and make presentations to appropriate boards for adoption of the map amendment including the City Commission, Broward County Planning Council, South Florida Regional Planning Council and Broward County Board of County Commissioners.
- Prepare and process a recertification application for the Future Land Use Element through the Broward County Planning Council.
- Attend and make presentations at all necessary hearings for recertification of the Future Land Use Map amendment.
The Mellgren Planning Group has held workshops on January 17, 2017 and January 30, 2017. The presentation from these workshops can be found here. The proposed boundaries as presented by The Mellgren Planning Group can be found here. Minutes from the workshops are forthcoming.