Boards & Committees
You can Access All Board Applications Here.
Generally, applicants will get an opportunity to present their qualifications at the Commission meeting.
After all applicants speak, the Commission will complete the scoring process and the appointments will be announced.
Completed applications of unappointed applicants will be held in the Clerk’s Office and automatically re-submitted for subsequent vacancies of the specific board for the remainder of the calendar year. All applications will expire on December 31st of each year. Applicants are responsible for reaching out to Clerk’s office to ensure the application is still on file, and if they would like their application to be considered for other Board vacancies.
Once Appointed to a Board, sembers shall follow the universal attendance policy adopted by the City Commission as outlined in Ordinance No. 2016-007 and Ordinance No. 2018-003 , as follows, and the Staff Liaison for each board will report attendance to the City Clerk’s office:
Ordinance No. 2016-007 creates a universal attendance policy for most boards, committees and task forces. Any member whose absences are unexcused for at least twenty-five (25) percent of the meetings for a twelve-month period or for three (3) consecutive meetings, whichever occurs first, is automatically resigned from his or her position on their respective board, committee or task force.
Some absence can be excused. They are defined as the following:
• When the member is performing an authorized alternative activity relating to outside board business that directly conflicts with the meeting
• The death of a member’s immediate family member, defined as a spouse, father, mother, brother, sister, stepparent, one who has stood in the place of a parent (in loco parentis), child, or stepchild of a member
• The death of a member’s domestic partner, or domestic partner’s father, mother, brother, sister, stepparent, one who has stood in the place of a parent (in loco parentis) of a domestic partner, child, or stepchild of a domestic partner;
• The member’s hospitalization
• When the member is summoned to jury duty
• When the member is issued a subpoena by a court of competent jurisdiction
• When the member is observing a religious holiday (policy amended by Ord. 2018-003)
Ordinance No. 2018-003 amended the Fire, Police and General Pension boards’ attendance policy. Any member whose absences are unexcused for three (3) consecutive meetings does thereby automatically resign his or her position on the board.
City of Wilton Manors Civility Statement
The following Civility Statement has been set by the City to ensure a respectable exchange among residents and the City. The statement is a pledge of commitment to the following principles for civility:
- Respect the right of all Americans to hold different opinions
- Avoid rhetoric intended to humiliate, delegitimize or question the patriotism of those whose opinions are different from ours
- Strive to understand the differing perspectives
- Choose words carefully
- Speak truthfully without accusation and avoid distortion
- Speak out against violence prejudice and incivility In all forms whenever and wherever they occur