The Wilton Manors Master Economic Development Strategic Plan was completed in December 2016, and the city is implementing the recommended strategies to achieve the state goals and objectives.
Position the City for economic development
Develop Product - land and buildings
Promote Economic Redevelopment throughout the City
Develop Infrastructure for balanced growth
Maintain Quality of life
Within each of these goals there are several objectives and strategies to achieve the objectives.
Economic Development Task Force
The City Commission established the Wilton Manors Economic Development Task Force to aid in creation of a marketing strategy for the City, identify parcels or tracts of land for future development and recommend programs, incentives and ordinances to encourage economic development.
The Task Force members represent the following categories:
- One (1) Business Owner representing retail and/or general business.
- One (1) Business Owner representing entertainment and/or restaurant business.
- One (1) Commercial Property Owner with ownership of commercial property in the City of Wilton Manors.
- Six (6) residents of the City with expertise in Real Estate, Development and/or Marketing.
The Task Force meets on the 3rd Wednesday of every month at 5:30PM. Meetings are open to the public and the Task Force welcomes feedback and participation.
The goals and objectives for economic development growth in the City as established by the Task Force are as follows:
- Encourage daytime and pedestrian traffic
- Hotel development / lodging
- Public / Private Partnership on City Hall site
- Parking solution
- Create an economic base
- Attract other developers and industries
- LGBT vacation destination
- Keep residential stable and affordable
- Existing business retention
- Keep central core accessible to all
- LGBT Senior and/or affordable housing
- Look at Economic Viability of all corridors
The Task Force is currently working on the following projects:
- Citywide Banner Program
- Creation of a “Photo Spot”
- Creation of a Wayfinding Sign Program