DOG PARK CLOSURE
In alignment with CDC guidelines, the Dog Park at Colohatchee Park is closed until further notice.
Risk of people spreading the virus that causes COVID-19 to pets
We are still learning about the virus that causes COVID-19, but it appears that it can spread from people to animals in some situations. A small number of pets worldwide, including cats and dogs, have been reported to be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19, mostly after close contact with people with COVID-19.
Infected pets might get sick or they might not have any symptoms. Of the pets that have gotten sick, most only had mild illness and fully recovered.
What to do if you own pets
Until we learn more about how this virus affects animals, treat pets as you would other human family members to protect them from a possible infection.
Because there is a small risk that people with COVID-19 could spread the virus to animals, CDC recommends that pet owners limit their pet’s interaction with people outside their household.
- Keep cats indoors when possible and do not let them roam freely outside.
- Walk dogs on a leash at least 6 feet (2 meters) away from others.
- Avoid public places where a large number of people gather.
- Do not put face coverings on pets. Covering a pet’s face could harm them.
Talk to your veterinarian if your pet gets sick or if you have any concerns about your pet’s health
Dog Park Application Procedure:
- Complete application form, sign Dog Park Rules and Regulations and the "Acceptance of Risk and Release of Liability and Waiver Form" at Hagen Park
- Bring supporting documentation:
- Proof of current rabies vaccination for each dog (with written expiration date)
- Proof of Wilton Manors residency (if applicable)
- Driver’s license or equivalent government photo identification for all dog owners/handlers who are 18 years or older
- Payment for passes:
- Resident Fee is $20, $15 for each additional dog (maximum of three dogs per household)
- Non-Resident Fee is $55, $30 for each additional dog (maximum of three dogs per household)
How to obtain an additional key fob if lost:
- Only one (1) key fob per application will be issued; however, if it is lost, you must apply for a replacement.
- In order to apply, bring the following to Hagen Park:
- Completed application; and
- Payment for the replacement key fob.
- Park staff will review and issue a new key fob. Misplaced or lost key fobs will be deactivated.
Items to Remember:
- Bring your key fob with you each time you visit the dog park.
- Do not allow the use of your key fob by any person(s) not listed on your application.
- If you lose your dog park key fob, see park staff for a replacement fob ($10 fee).
DOG PARK KEY FOB WILL EXPIRE ONE (1) YEAR FROM DATE OF PURCHASE.
HOWEVER, KEY FOB WILL BE DE-ACTIVATED ON THE DATE THE RABIES VACCINATION RECORD EXPIRES. ONCE PROOF OF RENEWED RABIES VACCINATION RECORD IS PROVIDED, THE KEY FOB WILL BE RE-ACTIVATED.