March 11, 2020 9:00 AM
COVID-19 Update for Wilton Manors
FOOD DISTRIBUTION EVENTS FOR WILTON MANORS
The Cities of Wilton Manors, Fort Lauderdale, and Oakland Park have come together in partnership with Feeding South Florida, host Food Distribution Events on Thursdays at 9 a.m. at Mills Pond Park (2201 NW 9th Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311). Food will be distributed on a first come, first served basis, while supplies last. Recipients are reminded to wear facial coverings and to remain in their cars at the event. Volunteers distribute food to each vehicle to ensure social distancing requirements are maintained. To access the event, enter Mills Pond Park from southbound Powerline Road (NW 9th Avenue).
If you would like to volunteer, from 6:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., at the weekly Food Distribution Events at Mills Pond Park - we'd love to have your help! As a volunteer, you will help set up the distribution area, unload cases of food, and place the various food items in the trunks of cars as recipients drive through the food distribution line. Personal protection equipment (masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer) and water will be provided to you at the event, but you are advised to bring a hat and sunscreen. To volunteer, you must pre-register and check in upon entering the park gate. For more information and to register to volunteer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT CITY PARKS ARE OPEN?
The following parks and boat ramps are open for passive activities such as walking, jogging, tennis, and boating between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Colohatchee Boat Ramp
- Don Eisele Park
- Hagen Park
- M.E. DePalma Park
- Mickel Park
- Pocket Parks
- Richardson Historic Parks
- Snook Creek Boat Ramp
For more information about parks and applicable guidelines, copy and paste this url into your web browser https://bit.ly/WMParksReopen
Enjoy a Game of Pickleball at Hagen Park
Come out and play at our two temporary courts located at Hagen Park. Please follow all rules listed below:
- The courts are open from Saturday to Thursday, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- The courts are free to use.
- The courts are first-come, first-serve.
- All park ordinances, rules and regulations are in effect.
- Visitors may not use the courts if they feel sick or are showing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Visitors must wear a facial covering and follow six feet social distancing rules before and after play.
- Players must sign a COVID-19 Waiver in the park office.
- Play is at your own risk.
For more information on the pickle ball courts, copy and paste this url into your web browser: https://www.wiltonmanors.com/159/Hagen-Park
Colohatchee Dog Park Now Open
Enjoy a day in the park with your furry friend- the Colohatchee Dog Park. All memberships will be automatically extended five months from their original expiration date to make up for the time the park has been closed.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the following operational and rule changes will be implemented to help keep everyone safe.
1. Park hours will be Thursday through Monday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. The park will be closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
2. Park visitors must wear facial coverings at all times.
3. Park visitors must maintain 6 feet of distance from those not in their party at all times.
4. Restrooms and water stations will remain closed. You will need to bring water for yourself and your dog.
5. Benches have been removed from the dog play areas and pavilions.
6. If you are sick with or showing symptoms of COVID-19, please do not enter the park.
7. If you have a permit and have not had your key fob reactivated, a COVID-19 liability waiver must be signed and returned via email to LeisureServices@WiltonManors.com or in-person at the Hagen Park Community Center, 2020 Wilton Drive, Wilton Manors FL 33305. Once your signed waiver is received, your access fob will be reactivated.
To view and print your liability waiver to reactivate your access fob, copy and paste this url into your web browser: https://files.constantcontact.com/376cec80401/52c7549d-9167-4d32-a7c7-3a3bac8357ed.pdf
8. If you do not have a permit, contact the Leisure Services Department for more information at LeisureServices@WiltonManors.com or (954) 390-2130.
City Hall is open to the public. The hours of operation are 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Thursday. Additional safety measures such as plexiglass dividers, hand sanitizing stations, informational signage, and social distance markings on the floor, have been implemented to help ensure everyone's safety.
In an effort to continue to slow the spread of COVID-19, we still encourage you to continue to use our electronic payment and dropbox options when possible. Utility billing, leisure services payments, and building permitting and licensing may all be completed online.
- To pay your utility bill, copy and paste this url into your web browser https://bsaonline.com/OnlinePayment/OnlinePaymentSearch?PaymentApplicationType=10&uid=2309
- To apply for permits and Business Tax Receipt Licenses, copy and paste this url into your web browser: https://bit.ly/WMOnlineBuildingPermitServices
HELP SLOW THE SPREAD
Hand sanitizing stations have been installed along Wilton Drive. Please continue to wash and sanitize your hands frequently, wear a mask, and social distance from those not in your household. Together, we can help slow the spread of COVID-19.